Lesson 1 WALT: To what extent did the Nazis exert complete control over Germany 1933-39? WILFs: Can identify and define key terms and concepts (E)...... Can describe and explain the main institutions (organisations) in the Nazi Police State (D)..... Can give reasons why there was so little opposition to the Nazis 1933-39 (C)... Can evaluate the extent of Nazi control 1933-39 showing an aware ness of different historical interpretations (A)
Lesson 1 Development 1. Rally Robin - 'How did the Nazis control the thoughts, opinions and actions of the german people 2. Watch the video together and add to your lists 3. Stand and Share 4. Go through the PPT on the Nazi police State together then Rally Coach the questions/reading on the last slide 5. Rally Robin then Parapharse Passport the following: i) How did the Nazis keep control 1933-39? ii) Why was there so little opposition to the Nazis 1933-39
WALT: In what ways and why did some German people start to oppose the Nazis 1939-45? Why was there there still relatively little opposition?
WILFs: Can describe and explain difference types of opposition groups (D).... Can give reasons and assess why there was more opposition to the Nazis 1939-45 (B- A).. Can give reasons and assess why there wasn't more opposition to the Nazis 1939-45 (B-A))
Starter - Roaming Review the following Questions
1. How far had Germany become a totalitarian police state by 1936?
2. Why was there so little opposition to the Nazis 1933-36?
3. What were the most important factors in the Nazis keeping control of the german people 1933-39?
4. What resistance was there to the Nazis 1933-39?
5. Why was there so little opposition to the Nazis 1933-39?
6. Describe and explain the main parts and their functions of the Nazi police state
1. Use this link and Rally Robin - who opposed the Nazis and how did they resist? 2. Watch the video and add to your lists 3. Stand and Share 4. Study the PPT together 5. In groups of 2 create a teaching resource and a revision sheet of opposition groups to the Nazis i) Church ii) Youth and Student iii) Military iv) Political v) Jewish Key Focus - who they were, what they did, what happened to them? 6. In your Revision twin Rally Coach 2 Diamond 9sWhy did Opposition grow 1939-45 and Why did resistance remain so small scale 1939-45 7. plenary - complete this exercise