Starter - Louis Philippe has just updated his Fakebook Profile! What can you learn about him from it?
lGroup A: Describe the Foreign Policy of Louis Philippe - include the Belgian Revolt, Treaty of London, Guizot and the Entente with Britain, 1846 Spanish marriages and impact on relations with Britain. Evaluate whether LP's foreign policy was successful
lGroup B: Describe the Domestic Policy of Louis Philippe - include Guizot and laissez faire, education policy, demands for parliamentary reform, rise of socialism and Bonapartism, Reform Banquets
lEvaluate whether it was domestic policy which sealed the fate of LP
Louis Philippe Essay Questions
- Domestic not foreign issues were the causes of the downfall of the Orleanist monarchy in 1848. how far to you agree with this statement
- Why did the French welcome Louis Philippe as King in 1830 but reject him in 1848?
- The fall of the July monarchy was due more to its own shortcomings than to the strength of its opponents. Discuss this statement
- Accidental and unexpected. Discuss this view on the fall of Louis Philipe in 1848
- How important was the rise of Bonapartism in the fall of the July monarchy in 1848?