WALT: What were the Whig Reforms, what motivated them and what did they change?
WILFs: Can describe and explain motives (D).... Can describe in detail the reforms themselves and what they changed (C)... Can assess the significance (A)
1. Read and take notes from the PPT
2. Divide into 4 groups of 4 - you will be allocated a Whig Reform to teach to depth next lesson
3. Plenary: Find the Fiction or QQ Trade on the Whig reforms
1. Read and take notes from the presentation on the Whig Reforms
2. Read your textbooks and at least one other libary resource on the Whig Reforms. Take notes.
3 Divide into 2 groups
GROUP A: i) Create a revision resource on the Factory Act of 1833, its terms and its significance and upload it to the DTC Student Share Area
ii)Create and act an historical drama entitled 'Child Labour in a Nineteenth century cotton mill'
GROUP B: i) Create a revision resource on the Poor Law Amendment Act 1834, its terms and its consequences and upload it to the DTC Student Share Area
ii) Create and act out an historical drama entitled 'Life in the Workhouse'
Time Allowed - 7 periods - to be completed, deliverd and performed by next Wednesday period 4