Lesson 2 Development
1. Starter :ALLWriteConsensus and connect the learning OR Rally Robin causes of Napoleon's Rise then Stand and Share
2. Roaming review evaluative questions on Napoleon's rise to power
a)Who was more important in helping Napoleon achieve power - the peasants, the church or the elites?
b)How much credit should Napoleon himself get for his own rise to power?
c)How might a revisionist historian explain Napoleon's rise to power?
d)How convincing is the Marxist interpretation of Napoleon's rise to power?
e)How important were the June Days in Napoleon's rise to power?
f)What BEST explains Napoleon's rise to power?
g)To what extent did france need a strong leader like Napoleon in 1848? Explain
3. Stand Up Hand Up Pair Up and promenade your partner and discuss 'what evidence is there that Napoleon had set up a dictatorship by 1852'?
4. Stand and Share
5. With your Study Buddy Rally Robin the successes and failures of Napoleon's domestic policy in the 1850's - both write a list
6. Pair Up and Rally Coach a Post IT Diagram for Napoleon III's early domestic policy using the template below and print
7. Return to your your Revision Twin and Compare Post It Diagrams... annotate if necessary
8. Using your notes and the reading given to you and in a new pair Create a Revision MInd Map called: Napoleon's France in the 1850's ... include:
How dictatorial was the new constitution?
How did Napoleon become Emperor?
How repressive was Napoleon's system? How did he control speech and opinion?
Who were his Ministers?
What were relations like with the Church?
How did Napoleon solve unemployment?
How were communications improved?
What were the reforms of the banking system?
What was Napoleon's agriculture policy?
Who benefitted most from Napoleon's reforms?
9. Pass the parcel with the Mind maps X3 add, expand, annotate, improve
10. Jot Thoughts and Cover the Table - 'how successful was Napoleon III's domestic policy in the 1850's?'