1. What does the word Renaissance literally mean?
2. Which city was captured by Islam in 1453 resulting in Christian scholars fleeing to Renaissance Italy?
Coventry, West Midlands
3. Why did communications improve so much during the Renaissance?
because people started to talk to other people more freely
because the Church became less important
because there were fewer obstacles to dialogue
because Gutenburg invented the printing press in 1453
4. Which group of people started to question the authority of the Roman Catholic Church?
5. who wrote the book "the Fabric of the Human Body" which corrected many of Galen's mistakes on human anatomy?
Andreas Vesalius 1543
6. What is venesection?
the practice of bleeding patients
the practice of purging patients
7. At which University did Vesalius become professor of anatomy and when?
University of Essex 1537
University of Smethick 1537
University of Greenwich 1537
University of Padua 1537
8. whose drawings helped the development of anatomy?
Leonardo Da Vinci
Leonardo Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle
9. I discovered about the circulation of the blood. Who am I?
William of Normandy
10. I am the son of a barber surgeon, born in France. i was a military surgeon who discovered new methods of treating gunshot wounds, who am I
11. When was William Harvey born?
12. When are the approximate dates for the period in history known as the Renaissance?
13. I am an English doctor, people called me the "English Hippocrates", I was the first doctor to describe scarlet fever, who am I?
Thomas the tank engine
14. What is another name for the Renaissance period in history
the prehistoric period
the early modern period
the medieval period
the modern period
15. I was the first protestant who started people questioning the Roman Catholic Church, who am I?