1. What was trephinning?
an aboriginal art form
a prehistoric cooking utensil
a primitive method of surgery thought to be intended to release evil spirits
a chant performed by a medicine man
2. what does "prehistory" actually mean?
before written history
after the development of writing
before human beings
a very long time ago
3. What roughly are the dates of prehistoric times?
1500 - 1700 A.D
1939 - 1945 A.D.
400 B.C. - 400 A.D.
10,000 B.C -3,000 B.C.
4. Which Australian tribal people up until recently practiced a "prehistoric way of life"?
5. What word describes people who do not live in settled communities
6. How can we tell people lived on after trephinning?
archaelogical evidence shows bone growth over the initial hole
aboriginies have told us
there are written records
7. Who in the tribe had closest contact with the spirit world and used chants and charms for healing purposes?
the village elders
The Michelin man
The Medicine Man
8. What was a clay or mud caste used to heal?
a headache caused by trephinning
a broken limb
9. Which commonly used drug for malaria was first used by prehistoric peoples?