1. Were the Communists Left Wing or Right Wing?
2. What gave Hitler unlimited power?
3. When was it passed and who was opposed to it?
1934 - The White Rose Movement and The National Party
1933 - Gestapo and SS
1934 - Social Democrats and Communists
1933 - Social Democrats and Communists
4. What does Rote Kapelle mean in English?
5. What did Rote Kapelle do?
This group passed information on to the Soviet Union
This group passed information on to the Gestapo
They helped spread Hitler's ideas
This group passed information on to America
6. Who were the Rote Kapelle discovered by?
7. How did the leaders of Rote Kapelle die?
Shot in the back of the head
Hung on meat hooks
Chopped to pieces
They were burnt at the stake
8. What did Hans and Sophie Scholl lead
The White Rose Movement
9. Who arrested Hans and Sophie Scholl in February 1943?
10. What happened in 1938?
The Night of the Long Knives
The Blomberg-Fritsch Affair
The July Plot
11. Which was put forward at the Hossbach Conference in 1937?
12. The recovery of German lands and peoples lost at Versaille and Lebensraum in the East were Hitlers foreign policy aims
13. Who did Hitler appoint as Chief of the High Command when potential critics were removed from the Army's High Command?
General von Fritsch
General von Brauchitsch
14. When did Operation Flash take place?
15. Who masterminded this attempt to assassinate Hitler?
Claus von Stauffenberg
Major General von Treskow
Karl von Struelpnagel
16. Why did this fail?
The detonator failed to go off
Hitler spotted the bomb before it was too late
The assassinator couldn't go through with it
The bomb fell off the plane
17. Who led the Kreisau Circle?
Karl von Struelpnagel and Claus von Stauffenberg
Helmuth von Moltke and Claus von Stauffenberg
Peter von Wartenberg and Claus von Sauffenberg
Helmuth von Moltke and Peter von Wartenberg
18. When was their Basic Principles for the New Order drawn up?
19. The Basic Principles for the New Order was a blueprint for a new German State based on democratic values.
20. What was the most serious attempt to assassinate Hitler?
Operation Kill Fuhrer
Operation Assassinate Hitler
21. What was to happen if Hitler died?
The Kreisau Circle was going to take over
A provisional Government was to take over led by General Beck
The Weimar Republic was going to take over again
There would have been a new Kaiser
22. When was the Operation to be carried out?
20th July 1944
22nd July 1944
20th June 1944
22nd June 1944
23. Who planted the bomb?
Franz von Papen
Claus von Stauffenberg
24. What happened to Hitler?
He was killed
He was seriously injured
He escaped with minor injuries
25. Why did it not kill Hitler?
It was a faulty bomb
It had been moved from its original place
He was not in the room
26. How many who were involved were caught?
27. What happened to the people that got caught?
They were put in prison
They were arrested but then freed
They were arrested then executed
28. Why did Blomberg support the Nazi take over?
He liked Hitler's ideas
He believed Hitler would strengthen the army
He was a strong anti-semite
29. What did Christians in general first think of the Nazi Regime?
It was going to be a complete disaster
They were prepared to live with it
They hated and wanted to get rid of it
30. What agreement did the Catholic Church and the Nazi Givernment sign?
31. What did the RC Church agree to do?
To help as much as possible in politics
To turn a blind eye
Not get involved in politics
To interfere and disrupt the Government
32. What did the Nazi Government agree to do?
Be very violent and attack all churches
Leave churches alone
Leave the RC church alone only if they kept to their side of the agreement
Help churches in times of need
33. When was the agreement broken?
34. What were Protestants who supported Nazis called?
35. Who was this group led by?
36. What group did other Protestants form who were opposed to the Nazi Regime?
37. Who was this group led by?
38. What happened to the leader of this group?
He was arrested and put in Sachsenhausen concentration camp
He was arrested and shot
He was hung
He was tortured and killed
39. What did the Navajos gang, the Kittelbach Pirates and the Edelweiss Pirates?
They were a music group
They highjacked sailing ships
They wanted to join the Hitler youth
The beat up the Hitler youth patrols
40. Who were the first victims of the concentration camps?
political opponents, communists and social democrats
the mentally ill