3. Find a new partner and further reconnect with the French history course by completing the Rally Coach exercise
2. Print, swap partners and share and compare - make changes as appropriate
3. Pair up again and promenade the questions 'Why did Napoleon III's regime collapse in 1870?' then with your revision twin complete a Diamond 9 diagram explaining why the 2nd Empire fell and print
4. Read and take notes from the PPT on the Third Republic
5. Finally Roaming review the following questions;
a) Why did the Second Empire collapse?
b) Why did France lose the Franco Prussian War
c) What were the successes and failures of Napoleon III's foreign policy?
d) What was the liberal empire and how successful was it?
e) How far did Napoleon III solve the problems which had brought down Louis Philippe?
f) how should history judge Napoleon III? Explain with reasons and explanations
g) Why did the Paris Commune break away from the Third Republic
h) why was the Commune crushed so brutally and with what consequences
Extension - What was the Paris Commune and what was its legacy - watch the video and take notes