WALT: How and Why had Louis Napoleon become Emperor by 1852?
WILFs: Can tell the narrative of events 1848-52 (how) (D)..... Can identify valid causes and explain them (C)... discriminates between causes (which were more important and why) (B)... Can evaluate cause and build up a convincing and supported argument (A)
1. Connect the Learning with 'Find Someone Who' revision activity ... No sheet swapping.... Discuss answers... Different person for each one
2. Pair and promenade - what were the main events from the fall of Louis Philippe to 1852 and the rise of Napoleon III ... Stand and share
3. In Pairs Use link 1 the presentation embedded below and the reading given to create a MIND Map... Why did Louis Napoleon come to power? Identify and connect the causes
Include: - Napoleon's ideology - what he offered France - division between republicans and socialists, appeal to the workers, Power of the Presidency, 'The Right Unites', Napoleon's personal qualities - destiny/skill etc.
4. Pass the parcel Mind Maps - read, add, develop, annotate X3 then return to owner
5. Quiz quiz trade ( questions from Mr Walker)
6. Then in your new pair create a Diamond 9 Causes diagram
Plenary: Vision On: Draw a picture which causes BEST explains Louis Napoleon's rise to Emperor... no words allowed ....... share and interpret your diagrams X3
Extension: With a new partner Rally Coach an essay plan for today's WALT
&. Prepare to complete this essay in timed conditions next week - as a priority make sure you have completed the 'Making Notes on the Second Republic tasks 1 - 2.6 on page 80 of Randell