Starter: Roaming Review - form teams of 3. Located around the room you will find 10 open ended questions on public health. You will get 2-3 minutes at each location to answer the question in as much depth as possible. Discuss the question and take it in turns to write. The activity is finished when you are back where you started.
1. Describe how and why public health either progressed, regressed or stayed the same in all the historical periods from Prehistoric to industrial Times
2. How and why was Roman public health so good?
3. Give examples of when government has hindered public health progress
4. Give examples of when government has helped public health regress
5. How and why was medieval public health so bad in medieval Europe (the Christian bit)
6. Which factor has been more important in the progress/regress of public health through time technology or religion? Explain with examples
7. What particular public health problems were experienced in Britain around 1750-1800?
8. Describe the role of as many individuals you can remember form the story of public health
9. Which FACTOR has been most important in causing public health improvements government, Individuals or technology? Explain giving as many examples as you can
10. Who made the more significant contribution to improving public health Chadwick, Snow or Vitruvius? Explain and justify your answer