What is History Quiz
By Andy Walker
a year 7 history quiz from www.historygcse.org
1. What do you call a period of ten years
2. What do you call a period of one hundred years?
3. What does BC mean?
4. Anno Domini is Latin for...
in the year of our Lord
arranged duck pond
5. What is a primary source?
an original piece of evidence
a cheeky yound child
a horse less than one year old
6. What type of source is your history textbook?
7. CE and BCE have replaved AD and BC, why?
to confuse Dartford school girls
CE and BCE are better
because of the weather
CE and BCE are used by non christians too
8. What is the name given to a male or female head of state that is a King, Queen, Emperor or Empress?
9. If you arrange events in the date order that they happened it is called this.
10. An era is?
a disease of the ear
a piece of wheat
a period of time
11. An empire is
a man who rules a country
a group of nations ruled by one powerful nation
a big building in USA
a character in the Lord of the Rings
12. A piece of evidence is called a..?
13. What sort of historian digs up historical objects?
14. A piece of evidence you can trust is described as....
15. If you only present one side of an argument or a dispute, you are....
16. A source that give you interesting and helpful information could be described as...
17. What word is used to describe heavily biased information?
18. What does prehistory mean?
before written history
after written history
the time of the dinosaurs
19. What is the most important and interesting subject you will ever study?
20. What century is 1999 in?